Sunday, October 31, 2010

This year's midterm election.

The American midterm election has reached more than a boiling point...It is overflowing.
What will happen on Tuesday? That's a question that promotes not only suspense but fear in the hearts of many Americans. Some are relieved to get a liberal government after 8 years of high taxes and mass privatization of many government regulated opportunities. Others well....I won't mention the "other party" or their extreme counterparts, because they aren't worth recognition.
All I can say is, if ur in the states, go out, vote if you haven't already. If you are an American who's overseas, I hope you submitted your absentee ballot, because this election will cause us all to have our eyes glued to the screens Tuesday Night.

I love you for reading.

2 comments:

Nakia Bell said...

Thanks for sending this out! Wondering if you have any articles about why it is imporant to vote. My boyfriend doesn't vote and he says its because you are voting for evil vs. evil. I agree with him 100% but I do still vote. I mean, what can you say to someone who feels thisi way?

zee affairs said...

I can't fault people who have lost faith in the political system. These are tough times we're in. However, to people who have lost faith let them know about examples of elections that have won by narrow margins like when Kennedy defeated Nixon 51% to 49% in Texas. Also, talk about being involved in the politics. When we vote for people, we need to hold them accountable. A lot of people just vote and forget about it after the person has entered office. We still need to keep tabs on them and make sure they aren't sleeping on the job. If they are, write letters, go to the media, demonstrate. It's what I do, and I've been able to make sure that my officials are working for who they're supposed to be working for. Does this answer your question?