Friday, July 2, 2010

White people for sale...I mean rent in China.


Just when we thought that China couldn't own, yet another thing They Proved Us Wrong!!!
Yes People! Now China can own you..yes you. This is too funny.
Okay, so all of you amateur models, actors, and Expats in China, listen up this is a cool way to earn cold hard CASH!
Apparently, a country being diverse=a country being prestigious in China, and since there arent many people from other cultures in China they have resorted to renting people...mostly Caucasians...and I thought affirmative action was controversial.
According to CNN, the people who are "rented" are to obey the following orders.
(AHEM: Clearing my thought)
1.Be white. 2. Do not speak any Chinese, or really speak at all, unless asked. 3. Pretend like you just got off of an airplane yesterday.

Follow these rules, and you just might get a job for a week, or even a month. I don't know whether to be angry...or laugh. Well this is pretty funny, it's like voluntary reverse slavery. It seems like racism is going on...Why rent someone when you could just hire them (hmmmmmmmm).

1 comment:

Nakia Bell said...

This is very sad to hear. I love to think that things are changing and that a person is deemed credible according to his or her merit and not skin color. As I am more exposed in my career, I see that race is a major issue for success, and that because I am not White, I will not get very far. This is the message that our young children receive. When will it end? How will it end? First, people need not accept these types of jobs. It is morally irresponsible. Second, people need to realize the larger social ramifications of promoting that age old message that White is Right. C'mon China. You have some of the brightest minds over there. And, because they are not White, they are not legitimate enough? This truly upsets me!