Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nigerian votes counted.


Yesterday marked the election of Parliamentary offficials in Nigeria. Many of you remember that the elections yesterday were delayed from last saturday, when election materials were not available for all polling stations. The organization of the election was noted and there was very tight security at the polling stations. However, reviews of safety of the elections were mixed. As BBC reports that an EU observer stated there was "almost no disorder and no intimidation" there were reports of a bombing in Maiduguri in which 3 people died, there was also a political official who was shot dead in Borno state. Next Saturday will mark the Presidential Election. Who do you think will win? I have an idea, but I'm not going to ruin it for everyone so as I always say with Naija politics, I'll keep my ear on the ground for all of you (wink).

No comments: