Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh NO They DIDN'T!!!!!

...Oh YES they DID. The French that is. Unless you've been under a rock this past week, you've heard that the French government has begun enforcing its law about banning French women (...or should I say women in France) from wearing the burqa in public. For those of you who don't know the Burqa is a full covering the entire cloth that covers all the way from the top of a woman's head to her toes...yes this will include her face. So this means that women can still wear the hijab, or headscarf...whatever we're calling it this week. However, how long is that going to last? If you ask me, I think that if they've already banned the hijab in public schools, because of laicite (secularism) and they're banning the burqa in public, it's only a matter of time that the hijab will be banned. Where's Amnesty International when you need them? Where's the march?? gosh I haven't been in a good march since 2004 when i protested the war on Iraq. I would participate in this march if I hear about a reallly really good serious one...oh well, I guess I'll wait.

No comments: