Saturday, January 4, 2014

Legalized weed doesn't feel so good #Colorado


There appears to be a shift in the United States in favor of relaxing marijuana laws, a topic that has dipped in and out of the national conversation for decades. Public perceptions about pot have come a long way, from the dire warnings of "Reefer Madness" to growing acceptance of medical marijuana.

Many of you watched the news as thousands of pot fiends lined around the block in Colorado for the newly legalized recreational marijuana. As the country jumps up and down and oggles at the news coverage I'd have to say that I'm not so enthused. Why you ask?.... Let's think for a second: how many people are sitting in prison for distributing this drug that's now "recreational" in some states. What do we say to them?


I can't help but think that everything they've gone through is slowly becoming in vain, because marijuana is now "recreationalized" it comes across to me as the government saying 'screw it we can't win against this war on drugs.' I'm a clean girl so mary jane isn't necessarily my thing, call me what you want I'll just have to be a critic when it comes to this.

No comments: