Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Very Special Thank you: Zee Affairs is One!

Hello Everyone I hope you're all having a great day or, if in the East Coast USA, staying out of the ice today. For me today is really special as Zee Affairs has turned one. Yes. It has already been a whole year since I put the first post on zeeaffairs.blogspot.com. For all of you that have been on this journey with me I am honored. I am really really honored, humbled and so very appreciative. You've come from different social networking sites such as Facebook, Black Planet, Allvoices.com, and Twitter. Many of you, I've met individually in my professional life or have even been with me before I even graduated from high school and you're getting this message via email. You've been able to see that Zee Affairs is not just a blog. It's an experience. Foreign Affairs with YOUR PRINT on it came to me as the motto, because I wanted people to know that news didn't have to be boring. It didn't have to be stuffy or as my room mate at Rutgers used to say "boogie" lol. News is information for and about us and if it's about us then we have the right to interpret it in ways that can be fun or analyze things about it that seem interesting and that we normally wouldn't get in main stream news. That's what made me start Zee Affairs. I've loved journalism for a very long time. Even before I was a teenager and I feel the same about Foreign Affairs. So yes, this is my passion and you have no idea how I feel to see everyone's reactions when I post pictures on facebook, when I send out the weekly digests, when I even see the numbers of people coming to the page! It really really makes me happy. I thank God first and foremost and as I thank all of you, I have to mention names.
I would like to thank my Mom for letting me keep this going even at times when I felt discouraged and sometims being the only one who commented in the very beginning or (as the teacher she is) giving me advice on conferences and places I could go to advertise Zee Affairs.
International Association of Women Journalists, I'd like to thank your organization for pointing me in the right direction when it came to publishing and publicizing and for introducing me to allvoices.com
I'd like to thank my lil sis Telima for responding with her emails and phone calls for following the blog.
Meleny Thank you for your spiritual advice and your motivations. You may not have known it helped me with this, but it did and I appreciate it.
Lamech, I really appreciate you for giving me story ideas expressing how you feel about Zee Affairs and motivating me to keep writing. Thank you.
To my cuz Rasheed thank you for putting this blog on your blog's site www.guaransheed.com as a link for Foreign Affairs and for following it.
Jay Mr. Hicks!! I appreciate you. I really love your participation and being a loyal member from the beginning. It inspires me it motivates me and it makes me happy to have a friend like you.
My good friend Nikki. Our international escapade in London definately brought us close and you've shown how much of a great friend you are with your support. Thank you so much.
Thank you very much to Enrico Labriola for your comments, for following, for joining this blog when no one knew absolutely nothing about it.
I'd like to give a very big Thank You to Femi aka the GFem for having me on his show last year and helping me publicize Zee Affairs to his community of listeners.
Singleton!!! my OG (lol) thank you thank you thank you. Having a sister friend like you gets no better and I appreciate you. I really do and yes we are gonna party this up.
Obioma Okoye and Miss Espinoza!! Thank you for accepting the invite from me when you had no idea what this group was about and became loyal supporters.
To all the readers around the world, thanks to all of you. Thank you thank you thank you to all of you.
As I always say, this is only the beginning. There are amazing things planned for this year. Some I've already told you about like Zee Beat the human rights crime beat, Zee's affair (OP EDS and exclusives), Zee Affairs spottings around the world and much much more!
I appreciate all of you as readers and as always I love you for reading.

Peace and Love,
Zainab
Zee Affairs: Foreign Affairs with YOUR PRINT on it.

No comments: