Friday, February 5, 2010

Yar Adua...stepping aside?

In a statement that many of us thought that we would never hear, it has been announced that current Nigerian President Yar' Adua will concede his presidency to the vice president Godwin. Did you see it coming? I didn't. I mean I thought he'd create a temporary plan until the end of his term for the Vice President..(By the way this does mean that all the rumors that he's dead...ARE FALSE!!!) We all knew that the VP would get some political action. However, being that he was sick for what feels like a year and he still didn't make a statement, I didn't see this coming. Well I guess it's a new day for African politics. Everyone we can now cease from being angry about the vacuum in leadership. I do hope he gets well.

1 comment:

Tina said...

It is about time thepresident of Nigeria and his advisers realizethat there is a reason why that country have a constitution. I am pretty sure that somewhere in that document it is clearly stated what must happen in the event something happens that will prevent the president to govern. This is no brainer. Why did it take this folks several months to figure it out and ultimately do the only legal thing. I hope you feel better Mr president.